TRUCK COMMERCIAL VEHICLE SYSTEMS
On-Highway STEERTEK ™ NXT
Fire / Rescue FIREMAAX ® EX STEERTEK ™ NXT HAULMAAX ® EX ROADMAAX ™
Military PRIMAAX ® EX
2 2 2 2 3 3 3 3 4 4 4 4 5 5 5 5 6 6 6 6 6
10 10 10 11 11 11 11
7 7 7 7 7
AIRTEK ® NXT SOFTEK ® NXT HAS ™ Series OPTIMAAX ®
HAULMAAX ® / ULTIMAAX ® Long Travel Trailing Arm
Leaf Springs HT ™ Series
HTB ® LT
Truck / Bus / Motorhome AIRTEK ®
COMFORT AIR ®
8 8 8 8 8 9 9 9 9 9 9
Vocational / Heavy-Haul HAULMAAX ® EX
HAS ™ Single-Axle STEERTEK ™ NXT COMFORT AIR ®
Stabilizers / U-bolts
ULTIMAAX ® HAULMAAX ® PRIMAAX ® EX
Torque Rods / Bushings
PRIMAAX ® / PRIMAAX ® EX
HAS ™ (402, 460)
R ™ / RS ™
AIRTEK ® NXT ROADMAAX ™
LUXAIR ™ AIRTEK ®
COMFORT AIR ® PARASTEER ™ HD
STEERTEK ™ NXT
Hendrickson is a leading global manufacturer and supplier of medium-
and heavy-duty mechanical, elastomeric and air suspensions; integrated
and non-integrated axle and brake systems; tire pressure control systems;
parabolic and multi-leaf springs; stabilizers; bumpers; and components
to the global commercial transportation industry. Everyday around the
world, millions of Hendrickson suspensions carry countless loads of
freight and raw materials both on- and off-highway. We supply durable,
lightweight, high-performing suspension systems and components to
the major North and South American, European, Asian and Australian
medium- and heavy-duty truck and trailer OEMs and fleets.
Hendrickson’s growing global position in the commercial
transportation industry and its on-going drive to provide products
and services benefits truck and trailer manufacturers, fleets and owner
operators around the world. Our tagline, The World Rides On Us ® , not
only reflects the spirit of the brand but also Hendrickson’s 100 plus
years of innovation built-in.
SUSPENSION SYSTEMS ON-HIGHWAY
STEERTEK ™ NXT Fabricated steer axle for on-highway applications • Fabricated axle assembly for lightweight design • Box shaped cross-section is more rigid than traditional I-beam axles • Two-piece knuckle reduces maintenance and downtime • Designed as a platform for OEM proprietary and next generation front axle / suspension systems • Premium kingpin bushing and seals extend scheduled service intervals up to 100,000 miles*
AIRTEK ® Integrated front air suspension and fabricated steer axle system • Exclusive STEERTEK ™ NXT axle for increased roll stiffness • Integrated design provides superb ride, driver comfort and roll stability compared to traditional two-leaf spring suspension • Up to 57 lbs. weight savings • Premium kingpin bushing and seals extend scheduled service intervals up to 100,000 miles* • Integrated axle seat to improve ground clearance and reduce part complexity
• Compatible with drum and disc brakes • Capacities of 12,000 to 14,600 lbs.
• Standard 10-year limited warranty** • Compatible with drum and disc brakes • Also available with integrated air disc brake
knuckle for additional weight savings (12,000 to 13,200 lb. capacity) • Capacity up to 14,600 lbs.
** Warranty applies to US and Canada applications only. Contact your local Hendrickson representative for complete warranty terms, conditions and limitations.
SOFTEK ® NXT Integrated monoleaf suspension and steer axle system • Combines STEERTEK ™ NXT axle and monoleaf technology with an advanced integrated clamp group design • Saves up to 84 lbs. vs. traditional two-leaf spring and I-beam axle systems • Premium kingpin bushing and seals extend scheduled service intervals up to 100,000 miles* • Also available with integrated air disc brake knuckle for additional weight savings • Capacities of 12,500 to 13,200 lbs.
AIRTEK ® NXT for On-Highway Applications Next generation integrated front air suspension and fabricated steer axle system • Combines STEERTEK ™ NXT axle and air suspension technology with an advanced integrated clamp group design • Premium kingpin bushing and seals extend scheduled service intervals up to 100,000 miles* • Provides superb ride, driver comfort and roll stability
• Up to 131 lbs. weight savings • Compatible with drum and disc brakes • Capacities of 12,500 to 13,300 lbs.
* Contact Hendrickson for full service interval details and limitations.
HAS ™ Series Tandem axle air suspension • Suitable for on-highway applications that require up to 25 percent off-highway travel • Large volume air springs deliver excellent ride quality and cargo protection
OPTIMAAX ® Liftable forward tandem axle and suspension system • Saves up to 400 lbs. and can help improve fuel economy by up to 5 percent vs. 6×4 configurations and up to 2 percent vs. 6×2 dead tag configurations ▲ • Lifted axle can also provide potential toll and maintenance savings • Designed for diminishing load carriers such as bulk haulers, grocery, livestock, beverage or applications experiencing empty backhauls • Includes integrated lift axle, suspension and automated controls • Compatible with drum and disc brakes • Capacity of 20,000 lbs.
• Compatible with drum and disc brakes • Capacities of 40,000 and 46,000 lbs.
HTB ® LT Lightweight, non-torque reactive, on-highway, rear air suspension • Weight savings of up to 305 lbs. compared to other 40,000 lb.capacity suspensions • Non-torque reactive suspension maintains driveline pinion angles and significantly controls frame rise • Large-volume air springs support the entire load to create a superior ride experience • Unique, maintenance-free torque box system improves multi-axial stability and control • Capacity of 40,000 lbs.
▲ This product is covered by at least one or more U.S. and/or foreign patents and/or pending U.S. and/or foreign patent applications. See Hendrickson for details.
COMFORT AIR ® Rear air suspension designed for passenger and driver comfort in various on-highway applications • Main support member designed for optimized roll stiffness and handling • Air springs adjust to changing road conditions to deliver superior ride quality • Capacities ranging from 15,000 to 23,000 lbs. (single axle), 40,000 to 46,000 lbs. (tandem axle)
SUSPENSION SYSTEMS VOCATIONAL / HEAVY-HAUL
PRIMAAX ® EX Severe-duty vocational air suspension • Engineered specifically for severe-duty operations for up to 100 percent off-highway use • Axle connection and torque rods help reduce torsional axle stress and driveline vibration • Large-volume, low-frequency air springs provide a smooth ride for on- and off-highway use • Up to12.5 in. of diagonal wheel articulation for superior mobility • Recommended applications: oil field, heavy haul, logging, defense, mixer, crane mounted, dump, refuse and tractor • Capacities of 23,000 and 26,000 lbs. (single axle), 46,000 and 52,000 lbs. (tandem axle) and 69,000 and 78,000 lbs. (tridem axle) HAULMAAX ® Heavy-duty lightweight rubber suspension • Provides superior combination of empty ride and loaded stability • Reduced maintenance with fewer bushings and no lubrication requirements • Up to 17 in. of diagonal articulation for greater worksite mobility • Recommended applications: dump, refuse, mixer, logging and defense • Capacities of 40,000 and 46,000 lbs.
HAULMAAX ® EX Next generation heavy-duty lightweight rubber suspension • Hundreds of pounds lighter than competitive suspensions • Increased job site rating for expanded applications • Superior combination of empty ride and loaded stability • Improved durability through advanced elastomer technology • Reduced maintenance due to optimized geometry and lubrication-free components • Up to 17 in. of diagonal articulation for greater mobility
• Recommended applications: dump, refuse, mixer, logging, crane / boom and defense • Capacities of 40,000, 46,000 and 52,000 lbs.
ULTIMAAX ® Advanced severe-duty rubber suspension
• Optimized design to balance robust durability and weight savings • Progressive load springs provide a unique balance of unloaded ride quality and loaded stability • Fabricated walking beam design equalizes axle loading while providing optimal clearance, axle travel and weight • Recommended applications: dump, logging, mixer, refuse, crane / boom, platform, oil field and mining
• Up to 17.5 in. of diagonal articulation • Capacities up to 52,000 lbs. utilize torque rods – See Figure 1 • Capacities of 60,000
and 70,000 lbs. utilize V-rods – See Figure 2
HAS ™ (402, 460) Tandem axle air suspension
AIRTEK ® NXT Integrated front air suspension and fabricated steer axle system for truck crane applications • Single or twin front steer featuring STEERTEK ™ NXT axle • Trailing or leading arm configuration • Continuous beam architecture minimizes stress points for added durability • Premium kingpin bushings and seals provide enhanced protection from the elements to improve bushing life • Up to 52 in. axle spacing • Capacities up to 26,000 lbs. (single axle) and 52,000 lbs. (tandem axle)
• Suited for both on- and off-highway applications • Large-volume air springs deliver excellent ride quality and cargo protection • Approved for up to 25 percent off-highway use
• Approved for use with lift axles • Optional inboard shocks available • Capacities of 40,000 and 46,000 lbs.
R ™ / RS ™ Severe-service, walking-beam suspensions • R solid mount is an extra heavy-duty suspension where maximum roll stability is essential • RS rubber load cushions absorb shock and provide high stability for severe-service applications • Exceptional performance in mining, oil field, mixer, refuse, logging and other specialty applications • Capacities up to 120,000 lbs.
RS TM Series
ROADMAAX ™ Rear air suspension system for truck crane applications • Reduced road shock and vibration to vehicle helps extend service life of cab, chassis and body equipment • Wide stance air springs provide increased roll stability and predictable handling • Up to 72 in. axle spacing • Eliminates torque rods for lower maintenance • Capacities up to 30,000 lbs. (single axle) and 60,000 lbs. (tandem axle)
R TM Series
SUSPENSION SYSTEMS VOCATIONAL / HEAVY-HAUL
AR2 ™ Original equipment or aftermarket replacement truck air suspension • Converts most RT ™ / RTE ™ steel spring suspensions to an air suspension • Better ride, longer component life, reduced weight and improved durability • High articulation capabilities for on-
RT ™ Durable steel leaf spring, walking-beam suspensions • Proven reliability for over 85 years
• Equalizing beam distributes load equally between both axles for improved traction • Well suited for dump, refuse, mixer, mining and military applications • Capacities up to 65,000 lbs.
and off-highway applications • Applications include dump, crane / boom and platform • Capacities of 40,000 and 46,000 lbs.
COMFORT AIR ® Heavy-duty air suspension
• Main support member designed for optimized roll stiffness and handling • Air springs adjust to changing road
STEERTEK ™ NXT Fabricated front steer axle for heavy-duty applications • Designed as a platform for OEM proprietary and next generation front axle and suspension systems • Fabricated axle assembly for lightweight design • Box shaped cross-section is more rigid than traditional I-beam axles • Withstands increased brake torque requirements resulting from 2011
PARASTEER ™ HD Single- twin- and tri-steer axle air suspension • Applications include crane, concrete, oil field and specialty • No fixed steer axle spacing constraints, providing excellent axle spacing flexibility • Air springs equally support one hundred percent of the vertical load for excellent ride quality • Kneeling capability for improved driver ingress / egress • System weight remains constant as steer axle spacing increases • Heavy-duty rubber bushings require no lubrication • Capacities of 14,600 to 20,000 lbs. per axle conditions to deliver superior ride quality • Featuring TRAAX ROD ® torque rods for exceptional performance life • Capacities of 26,000 lbs. (single axle), 42,000 and 52,000 lbs. (tandem axle)
F.M.V.S.S. stopping distance regulations • Compatible with drum and disc brakes • Capacities ranging from 15,430 to 24,250 lbs.
FIRE / RESCUE SUSPENSION SYSTEMS
FIREMAAX ® EX Heavy-duty air suspension for fire and rescue applications • Improved ride for firefighter comfort and equipment protection
HAULMAAX ® EX Next generation heavy-duty lightweight rubber suspension • Unique spring design that balances ride quality and apparatus stability • Equalizing beams distribute load equally between both axles for improved traction • System can be tailored to
• Superior handling for greater driver control during lane changes and tight road maneuvers • Integrated stabilizer design results in greater stability compared to other air suspensions • Dual height control valves maintain proper suspension ride height for shifting or uneven loads • Capacities of 24,000, 27,000 and 31,000 lbs. (single axle) and 48,000, 54,000 and 62,000 lbs. (tandem axle) STEERTEK ™ NXT Fire and rescue fabricated front steer axle system • Designed as a platform for OEM proprietary and next generation front axle and suspension systems • Fabricated axle assembly for lightweight design • Box-shaped cross-section is more rigid than traditional I-beam axles • Withstands increased brake torque requirements resulting from current F.M.V.S.S. stopping distance regulations • Compatible with drum and disc brakes • Specifically tailored for fire and rescue applications with capacities up to 24,000 lbs.
meet the specific needs of unique vehicle applications • Ratings approved for fire and rescue applications • Capacity up to 54,000 lbs.
ROADMAAX ® Heavy-duty air suspension for fire and rescue applications • Main support member designed for optimized roll stiffness and handling • Air springs adjust to changing road
conditions for improved ride for firefighter comfort and equipment protection • Enhanced corrosion protection • Featuring TRAAX ROD ® torque rods for exceptional performance life • Capacity of 35,000 lbs. ULTIMAAX ® Advanced severe-duty rubber suspension for fire and rescue applications • Optimized design to balance robust durability and weight savings • Progressive load springs provide a unique balance of unloaded ride quality and loaded stability
• Fabricated walking beam design equalizes axle loading while providing optimal clearance, axle travel and weight • Capacity up to 63,000 lbs.
TRUCK / BUS / MOTORHOME
AIRTEK ® Integrated front air suspension and steer axle system designed for comfort and improved performance • High-volume air springs provide superb ride and driver comfort • Low maintenance design helps keep trucks, buses and motorhomes on the road • Up to 55 degrees of wheel cut greatly improves maneuverability • Capacities ranging from 10,000 to 14,600 lbs.
HAS ™ Single-Axle Rear air suspension • Range of models for medium-duty tractors, pick-up / delivery, beverage, bus and motorhome applications • Excellent ride quality • Low ride heights available • Compatible with drum and disc brakes • Capacities ranging from 12,000 to 23,000 lbs.
STEERTEK ™ NXT Fabricated steer axle for medium-duty, bus and motorhome • Fabricated axle assembly for lightweight design • Box-shaped cross-section is more rigid than traditional I-beam axles • Two-piece knuckle helps reduce maintenance and downtime • Designed as a platform for OEM proprietary and next generation front axle / suspension systems • Premium kingpin bushing and seals extend scheduled service intervals up to 40,000 miles for truck / bus / motorhome applications*
HTS ™ Single drive-axle, spring suspension system
• Frame hangers are lightweight and designed for maximum durability • Longitudinal torque rods absorb braking and acceleration forces • Wide axle seats with heavy-duty U-bolts for secure connection • Shock absorbers provide additional driver comfort • Capacities up to 31,000 lbs.
• Standard 10-year limited warranty** • Compatible with drum and disc brakes
• Also available with integrated air disc brake knuckle for additional weight savings (12,000 to 13,200 lb. capacity) • Capacities ranging from 8,000 to 14,600 lbs. * Contact Hendrickson for full-service interval details and limitations. ** Warranty applies to US and Canada applications only. Contact your local Hendrickson representative for complete warranty terms, conditions and limitations. COMFORT AIR ® Single-axle, rear air suspension designed for passenger and driver comfort in various medium-duty truck, bus, ambulance and motorhome applications • Wide footprint of frame hanger reduces stress to the frame • Suspension geometry improves ride and handling • Capacities ranging from 15,000 to 23,000 lbs.
COMFORT AIR ® Single-axle, rear air suspension designed specifically for cut-away and specialty vehicles • Optimized configuration provides improved driver feel for increased handling and confidence when performing maneuvers
• Designed to achieve 3.5 in. of kneel • Designed to reduce roll forward during kneeling operation • Capacity up to 10,000 lbs.
SOFTEK ® Integrated front mechanical suspension and steer axle system designed for passenger and driver comfort • Highly engineered for optimized ride and performance • Robust design for high durability and low maintenance • Efficient design contributes to a smooth and quiet ride • Optimized steering performance delivers up to 55 degrees of wheel cut • Capacities ranging from 8,000 to 14,600 lbs.
LUXAIR ® Premium lightweight drive axle air suspension for transit and coach bus applications • Robust fabricated construction for exceptional reliability in various road conditions • Multiple shock and air spring combinations available • Non-reactive to brake and drive torque • High volume air springs provide outstanding level of passenger comfort • Capacities up to 31,000 lbs. AIRTEK ® Integrated front air suspension and steer axle system designed for transit bus applications • High-volume air springs provide superb ride along with passenger and driver comfort • Unique integrated system design achieves lower ride heights to ease passenger entry and exit • Capacities ranging from 16,000 to 20,000 lbs. PARASTEER ™ Front axle air suspension system designed specifically for bus and motorhome applications • Four-bar parallelogram linkage provides outstanding ride, steering and handling qualities • Rubber bushings require no lubrication • Capacity up to 15,600 lbs.
PRIMAAX ® / PRIMAAX ® EX Revolutionary air suspension system
• Non-reactive to brake and acceleration torque • Roll-resistant design simplifies installation and maintenance • Superior ride and handling provide enhanced driver comfort and protection to vehicle loads and body • Suitable for tractor and rigid applications • Single-axle capacities up to 26,000 lbs.
HTB ® Single-axle, rear air or mechanical suspension designed for stability and ride comfort • Available in both air and mechanical configurations • Patented torque box system ▲ provides roll stability and lateral / longitudinal control • Flexible design balances roll stiffness and articulation without compromising ride performance • Capacities up to 22,000 lbs. for air configurations and 17,500 lbs. for mechanical configurations
▲ This product is covered by at least one or more U.S. and/or foreign patents and/or pending U.S. and/or foreign patent applications. See Hendrickson for details.
SUSPENSION SYSTEMS DEFENSE
For over a century, Hendrickson’s products have carried countless loads of freight and raw materials both on- and off-highway. Our expertise as a global manufacturer and supplier of heavy-duty suspensions doesn’t stop there – based on our commercial vehicle suspension technology we also supply products for robust defense vehicles that support and protect armed forces around the world. Hendrickson has supported defense applications for over 85 years through various programs including, the M915 and M916 tractors and the HEMTT, HET, PLS, MVT, MTVR, LVSR, MRAP, HMMWV, Army Heavy Dump Truck and various trailers. Through our experience and strengths in design and development, we understand that each defense application is demanding, and thus, requires proven technology. Our involvement early in the process enables Hendrickson to deliver reliable, durable and innovative suspension systems to help support and protect those who protect us.
HPAS ™ High performance air suspension • Complete ride height with spring damper control system, improves vehicle handling and increases roll stability • Reduced packaging size and easy vehicle retrofit packages
• Debris and environmental resistance • Provides raising and lowering capability • Multiple ride height capability
• Adaptable to multiple load range requirements, increasing payload capability while maintaining ride quality at all load ranges and multiple axle combinations
HAULMAAX ® EX / ULTIMAAX ® Heavy-duty and severe-duty rubber suspensions • Load springs offer tremendous roll stability for vehicles traveling in harsh environments and are adjustable to help improve ride quality for different body and equipment configurations • Up to 17 in. of diagonal articulation helps keep the axle in traction for greater off-highway mobility • Reduced maintenance with fewer bushings and no lubrication requirements • Systems can be tailored to meet the specific requirements for frame width, ride height and axle spacing for unique vehicle applications • HAULMAAX ® EX heavy-duty suspension is available in tandem capacities up to 46,000 lbs. — ULTIMAAX ® severe-duty suspension is available in capacities up to 105,000 lbs.
PRIMAAX ® EX Severe-duty vocational air suspension
• Optimized geometry contributes to high roll stiffness characteristics • Axle connection and torque rods help reduce torsional axle stress and driveline vibration • Large-volume, low-frequency air springs help smooth the ride in rugged conditions • Up to12.5 in. of diagonal wheel articulation for superior mobility • Compatible with HPAS ™ for active ride height control and load leveling • Capacities of 23,000 and 26,000 lbs. (single-axle), 46,000 and 52,000 lbs. (tandem-axle) and 69,000 and 78,000 lbs. (tridem-axle)
HAULMAAX ® EX
Leaf Spring Capabilities Parabolic, multi-leaf and composite springs • Parabolic Taper-leaf Custom designed for a variety of on- and off-highway applications • Monoleaf Innovative spring designed to optimize steering kinematics and significantly save weight • Off-Highway Bogie Rear heavy-section parabolic springs designed and produced for a variety of off-highway applications • Multi-Leaf Rugged yet efficient design to suit a variety of demanding applications • LITEFLEX ® Composite Springs Long Travel Trailing Arm Air Suspension Severe-duty air suspension • Fully customizable design allows for a variety of packaging, ride heights, ride tuning and stability requirements • Large-volume, low frequency air springs or optional heavy-duty coil springs help smooth the ride in rugged conditions • Over 12 in. of wheel travel for superior mobility • Compatible with HPAS ™ for active ride height control and load leveling • Capacities up to 27,000 lbs. (single-axle), 54,000 lbs. (tandem-axle), 81,000 lbs. (tridem-axle)
RT ™ Durable steel leaf spring suspension • Genuine Hendrickson springs are made
from high-strength steel and are heat-treated and shot-peened for exceptional fatigue life
• Equalizing beams utilize a central pivot point to help maintain tire contact with the ground for improved traction • Suspension design provides a low center of gravity for increased stability • Up to 15 in. of diagonal articulation for outstanding traction and mobility • Rugged beam-to-axle connection extends bushing life and allows easy axle alignment • Optional shock kit available for improved ride • Tandem capacities up to 65,000 lbs. HT ™ Series Reliable, affordable and flexible air suspensions • Designed for use with multiple brake sizes, including 12.25 in. • Multiple brake chamber orientations available • TRI-FUNCTIONAL ® Bushing with up to a 5-year limited warranty* • QUIK-ALIGN ® axle alignment system standard on most models • 5-year / 500,000-mile structural warranty* • Off-the-shelf replacement parts * Contact your local Hendrickson representative for complete warranty terms, conditions and limitations.
Improved ride, reduced weight, lower maintenance, and enhanced vibration and harshness feedback
Committed to Advancing Global Spring Technology As a leader in the global transportation industry, we are committed to advancing global spring technology. In state-of-the-art research and design centers, our engineers develop products for today and ride solutions for future generations. Advanced Hendrickson proprietary processing allows us to achieve maximum hardness in springs for extended fatigue life and higher strength to withstand demanding braking requirements. We have reduced the number of leaves required for many of our spring products, leading to lower cost and weight, benefits that customers come to expect. At Hendrickson we continue vertical integration by manufacturing many of our own spring bushings, giving us better quality control of the entire spring assembly and ensures overall performance. Hendrickson engineers work with vehicle manufacturers to design and model innovative prototypes and conduct rigorous testing in the lab and in real-world conditions, providing you with smart, efficient and cost-effective solutions. A Leaf Spring for Every Need Hendrickson offers a wide range of customized solutions from monoleaf to multi-leaf springs. We design springs for light- through heavy-duty commercial vehicles, with spring thicknesses ranging up to 2.5 in. and a maximum length of 8 ft. Hendrickson manufactures springs weighing from 15 to 575 pounds. Our weight-saving solutions can save over 200 pounds per truckload; we understand every pound counts in the transportation industry. For demanding application requirements, reliability, durability, weight reduction and innovative designs – Hendrickson is the world’s spring provider for all your transportation needs.
Heavy-Duty Parabolic Leaf Spring
Bogie Parabolic Spring
Composite Monoleaf Spring
Multi-Kicked Monoleaf Airlink
7.5t Composite Monoleaf
I-Shaped Monoleaf Airlinks
V-Shaped 3D Airlinks
V-Shaped Bogie Parabolic
STABILIZERS / U-BOLTS
Bus Welded Stabilizer Each customized component is designed, prototyped and tested by our engineers to meet both vehicle manufacturer requirements and Hendrickson stringent criteria. Each stabilizer design is tested in our lab and in real-world conditions, to provide the end user with innovative and cost-effective solutions. These proprietary competencies enable us to continuously improve our manufacturing quality and production processes for all our components and suspension systems. Lighter and Value Added Hendrickson tube stabilizers are up to 45 percent lighter than solid stabilizers and enable significant reduction in both unsprung and total weight savings. Our stabilizers help the end user meet today’s fuel consumption challenge and the expectations of higher payloads. Refining Vehicle Stability, Handling and Comfort More than 30 years of expertise in stabilizer design allows Hendrickson to further enhance commercial vehicle stability, handling and comfort. Stabilizers play a key role in many truck and bus suspension designs and are becoming increasingly important in weight-critical applications for the next generation of trucks. Stabilizer Design and Testing
Whatever your spring or stabilizer requirements are, Hendrickson holds the solution for your transportation needs. Hendrickson has over 100 years of experience in the global heavy-duty commercial vehicle industry, that’s why . . . The World Rides On Us ® . Our expertise lies in medium to large diameter stabilizers. Hendrickson delivers state-of-the-art tube stabilizers with diameters up to 2.6 inches and wall thickness of .39 inches. In addition, our advanced two-stage coating line ensures anti-corrosion surface protection, resulting in superior durability and added value for the end users.
Heavy-Duty Welded Stabilizer
IFS Stabilizer Bar
Solid Rear Stabilizer
U-BOLTS Europe’s leader in the production of U-bolts
Hendrickson produces suspension U-bolts, wheel studs and threaded bolts using advanced technologies, especially in the key manufacturing processes of thread rolling, heat treatment, bending and GEOMET anti-corrosion protection. Our design and quality standards meet or exceed strict vehicle manufacturer requirements. Our dedicated, highly-qualified employees and sophisticated manufacturing technologies ensure these standards are met, and are key in providing an expanding selection of U-bolts. Decades of experience and technical expertise enable us to design, test and produce tough and durable component solutions.
TORQUE RODS / TORQUE ROD BUSHINGS
Through the unrelenting pursuit of innovation and quality for over 100 years, Hendrickson remains a pioneer in the commercial vehicle industry. We are a leader in the advancement of suspension and component technology as a result of more than sixty years of development and over twenty years of elastomer manufacturing experience. These accomplishments allow us to fully integrate systems, modules and components that meet commercial vehicle demands for durability, weight savings and low life cycle costs. TRAAX ROD ™ – Family of Torque Rods
• Extended Life Advanced bushings and flat rod body construction work together to provide up to 5 times* longer life than competitive torque rod and conventional double shot bushing assemblies. • Flexibility Available with straddle or taper pin bushing design. • Broad Application Bushing and rod bodies specifically designed for each capacity and application criteria.
• Weight Efficiency with High Strength No castings needed. Manufactured using high-strength materials utilizing Hendrickson’s expertise in robotically-welded fabrications . • Packaging Available in a variety of lengths and hub sizes.
Encapsulated bushing helps prevent walkout
• Durability Rod body and bushing designs meet rigorous testing parameters required for all Hendrickson products.
* Based on internal testing of bushing walkout, retention and durability. Actual product performance may vary depending on component and vehicle configuration, operation, service and other factors.
ULTRA ROD ® and ULTRA ROD ® PLUS Torque Rods ULTRA RODs have forged or cast rod body construction with unique bonded bushings. Both forged and cast rod bodies provide structural integrity, while the unique bonded bushings reduce the friction and heat that can damage ordinary bushings – providing longer life and greater payload. TRAAX ROD ™ Torque Rod Bushings Offering a wide variety of bushing designs to meet global application or attachment requirements. From light-duty on-highway to demanding vocational applications, our designs are tailored solutions to deliver extended performance and restrict walkout. For demanding application requirements – reliability, outstanding durability, articulation, innovative designs – we are pushing the boundaries of torque rod performance for your vehicle needs.
Hendrickson’s unique elastomer and bushing designs higher-performing, more durable and provide low-maintenance operation
Why use rubber in heavy truck suspensions? • Reduce overall suspension weight • Lower component costs • Increase durability in harsh operating environments • Ease of service and replacement
• Reduce maintenance – requires no lubrication • Provides isolation and damping through energy absorption • Add system compliance for greater articulation and mobility
Spring Eye Bushings Spring eye bushings are designed as integral components of the spring system, providing enhanced performance in the areas of roll stability, ride and durability.
Rate Ring Cartridge
Rubber Springs Our advanced components have redefined the way rubber spring suspensions perform. The innovative, high-grade rubber designs withstand heavy loads in rugged applications.
Progressive Spring (ULTIMAAX ® 32T)
Progressive Spring (ULTIMAAX ® 460/600)
Progressive Spring (ULTIMAAX ® 40T)
Shear Spring (ULTIMAAX ® )
Progressive Spring (HUV ® )
Progressive Spring (HAULMAAX ® EX)
Bolster Spring (HAULMAAX ® EX)
Beam Bushings Premium rubber beam end bushings provide enhanced flexibility between the beam and the axle to absorb braking and accelerating forces and provide designed articulation / compliance to help ensure high-mobility demands. Equalizing beam center bushings are designed for specific types of Hendrickson walking beam suspension capacities and configurations to maximize system performance.
Rate Ring End Bushing
Spherical End Bushing
Voided Center Bushing
INNOVATION BUILT IN ™ builds upon our legacy as innovators and manufacturers of suspension systems and components for the global medium- and heavy-duty vehicle industry.
Serve the transportation industry with innovative products that deliver improved productivity, profitability and value.
Supply the commercial vehicle industry around the world with durable and cost-effective, advanced ride solution technologies.
Champion dedicated leadership and employees who uphold our proud heritage through creativity, integrity and superior service.
Develop superior, differentiated products that promote leading-edge manufacturing and distribution processes.
Forge strategic relationships that allow us to engineer and manufacture systems, modules and components that meet commercial vehicle owners’ needs for durability, weight savings and minimized maintenance. Advance the design of suspension and component technology by working cooperatively to exceed the demands of our fleet and OEM customers.
Hendrickson is a leading global manufacturer and supplier of medium- and heavy-duty mechanical, elastomeric and air suspensions; integrated and non-integrated axle and brake systems; tire pressure control systems; auxiliary lift axle systems; parabolic and multi-leaf springs; stabilizers; bumpers; and components to the global commercial transportation industry.
800 South Frontage Road Woodridge, IL 60517-4904 USA
630.910.2844 855.RIDERED (743.3733)
Weights and rated capacities in this publication are listed in pounds (lbs.). Actual product performance may vary depending upon vehicle configuration, operation, service and other factors. All applications must comply with applicable Hendrickson specifications and must be approved by the respective vehicle manufacturer with the vehicle in its original, as-built configuration. Contact Hendrickson for additional details regarding specifications, applications, capacities, operation, service and maintenance instructions. Information contained in this literature was accurate at the time of publication. Product changes may have been made after copyright date that are not reflected. All trademarks shown are owned by Hendrickson USA, L.L.C., or one of its affiliates, in one or more countries.
45745-479 Rev B 06-21 ©2018 – 2021 Hendrickson USA, L.L.C. All Rights Reserved Printed in the USAPage 1 Page 2 Page 3 Page 4 Page 5 Page 6 Page 7 Page 8 Page 9 Page 10 Page 11 Page 12 Page 13 Page 14 Page 15 Page 16 Page 17 Page 18 Page 19 Page 20
Powered by FlippingBook